When do we use on/off ?
- off – away from a person, place
- Turn the lights on/off.
- Switch the lights on/off
- Did you switch the heating on?
- Put the kettle on please. I want some tea.
- What’s going on here?
- The birthday party had to be called off (=canceled) because of bad weather.
- The concert has been put off (=delayed) until December.
- Don’t put off your homework. Do it now.
- When I put on my makeup I feel beautiful.
- Sally put on (weight) 3 kilograms in the last three weeks.
- I tried on a pink dress from my mother.
- Take off your jacket please.
- I’m off to Prague next Saturday.
- Ben got in his car and drove off.
Professional quality translation and localization quickly and safely via Internet! – www.marketlingua.eu